Pages

The Good Samaritan

A week ago, I stumbled upon a photo of an old lady shared on Facebook and read the story about it. I felt sorry for her and admired the person who helped her. He fed and even gave his remaining cash to her and only left enough fare going home. It's nice to know that there are still kind-hearted people. The problem is the people who take advantage of it.


I found out last night from Glaiza as we were nearing her office that that old lady has been wandering around Ayala Avenue since she was just starting. Glaiza even mentioned seeing her smoking a cigarette or drinking coffee. I do kind of remember seeing her a few times when I accompanied Glaiza to work. It was disappointing to think that she has been deceiving people that long (or longer!) and felt sorry for the guy and all the others who tried to help her. I went back to that fb post and read some of the comments and saw responses from others who got fooled! Poor them! They were just trying to help.

I'm not trying to discourage everyone to help but rather be cautious when doing so. Let's be smart! For example, if a person is lost then take them to the nearest police station or social welfare agency. NEVER take them to their place yourselves. If they're hungry then give them food! I don't think giving them cash is a smart thing to do. ALSO, always think of your safety first before trying to help others. Take care everyone and God bless! :-)

1 comment:

  1. right, lets be cautious, its no longer the 80's...

    ReplyDelete